International Education Services
The International Education Program's mission is to assist students with achieving
their educational goals by providing a program of comprehensive support services.
The IEP actively supports initiatives that increase multicultural awareness for students,
faculty, and staff.
The IEP’s mission aligns closely with the mission, vision, and values of COD. Our programming:
- Serves COD's mission by contributing to the success, learning, and achievement of
our diverse students.
- Contributes to our district's vision of being a center of collaborations and innovations
for educational enrichment.
- Promotes the district's values of student success, diversity, and inclusion.
Assistance for International Students and Study Abroad Planning
The IEP staff is eager to assist you! While we encourage you to make an appointment
by phone or email, the IEP office welcomes walk-in appointments during business hours.
Many matters pertaining to F-1 student status and study abroad participation are complex
and require individualized advisement. However, the following links are a good place
to get started on common questions.
- Immigration Information - Helpful definitions for F-1 international students
- Maintaining F-1 Student Status - Up-to-date resources provided by the US Student Exchange and Visitor Program (SEVP).
The "Study in the States" guide provides helpful information on everything from international
student employment to transferring your immigration status.
- Travel Procedures - Tips to review before leaving/reentering the United States in F-1 Status.
- Renewing Your Passport - What to do if you passport will expire while you're in the United States.
- Study Abroad Opportunities - Programs offered by the Southern California Foothills Study Abroad Consortium
Cravens Student Services Center, 2nd floor
(760) 776-7205, fax at (760) 862-1361 or Email
International Education Program Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday: 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Fridays: 8:00AM - 12:00PM
Please visit COD's homepage for information on holiday campus closures.