Counseling FAQs

Show All Content

Students are not assigned a specific counselor. Students are able to meet with any available counselor.

Contact the Disabled Students Programs and Services office (DSPS) at 760.773.2534. (CSSC Building)

A tutor is available for practically every subject you take. Please contact the Tutorial Center at 760.776.7241.

To obtain your User ID, click on the “MyCod” button on our home page then click on the “Obtain your username” button. Enter your first name, last name and your mycod email address. If your account can be identified, an email will be sent with your user name information. If you don't get an email, please contact Admissions & Records at or by calling 760.773-2516.

All new students will receive an email from College of the Desert within three business days of applying. This email will include your COD ID Number, MyCOD email and Self-Service Student Portal log-in along with your default password to log into your student accounts. Please refer to this email in order to find your student log-in information! If you have not received this email, please contact Admissions and Records at or by calling 760.773.2516.

If you have forgotten your password, you will need to reset it. Go to the MyCOD Portal, via the MyCOD Email link on the website and click on the “Forgot my Password” link and follow the instructions. Remember this will reset your password for email, Self-Service and Canvas.

Virtual parking passes are required for fall and spring semesters. Order your parking permit online by clicking on Student Services on our home page then click on Parking under the Bursar’s section.

You can print your schedule through Self-Service. You may get assistance with printing a copy from the staff at the front desk in the Counseling Center (CSSC Building).

Talk to a counselor about transferring applicable credits.

Classes can be added or dropped through the Self-Service.

A class schedule gives information on the classes being offered each semester, the time and date the class will begin, and where the class will meet. A catalog gives a general description of each course, along with COD policies and regulations.

Students are considered full-time students when 12 or more units are being taken during a semester.

Generally, 19 units are considered to be the maximum, but more can be taken with approval from the Director of Counseling.

An Application to Graduate form must be filled out. Forms can be obtained at the Admissions and Records office, the Counseling Center (CSSC Building), or online. You must meet the deadline requirements.

Paperwork must be filed with the school you are planning on attending and with COD. Workshops are available during each semester for students who are planning to transfer. Call the Transfer Center for further details at 760.862.1351.