Did you know you can earn transferable college units for your current job, internship,
or volunteer activities?
The Cooperative Work Experience Office would like to inform you of various internship
opportunities currently listed on College of the Desert’s free job board, Handshake.
These internship opportunities are expected to be filled for the Fall 2022 semester
and require the selected student to enroll in a Work Experience course to earn academic
credit while interning.
16-week session August 26-December 16, 2022
12-week session September 26-December 16, 2022
To view full description click on each internship.
- Marketing Internship, KESQ News (on going, follows college session dates)
- Plant Propagation &/or Wildlife Trafficking/Confiscation Internship, The Living Desert Zoo & Gardens (on going)
- Conservation Science Animal Care Intern, The Living Desert Zoo & Gardens (on going)
- Conservation Science Intern, The Living Desert Zoo & Gardens (apply by December 26, 2022)
- Dr. Raul Ruiz for Congress Intern
- Studio Arts Intern, Old Town Artisan Studio (follows college session dates)
- Administrative & Events Intern, Old Town Artisan Studio (follows college session dates)
- Program Assistant, Coachella Valley Disaster Preparedness (follows college session dates)
- Business Intern, Children's Discovery Museum (Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 Intern follows college session dates)
- HR Coordinator Administrative Assistant, HR Advantage Consultants
- Transportation & Planning Intern, Coachella Valley Association of Governments CVAG opportunity expires Sept 16, 2022.
- Administrative Assistant-Intern, Togo Bicycle
- Read description and if interested - apply!
Contact the Work Experience Office for enrollment assistance in a Work Experience course. Students are highly encouraged
to also enroll in at least two Employability Skills courses that compliment their
Work Experience enrollment.
Benefits of Participating in Internships:
- Apply classroom theory into a real work environment while gaining valuable work experience
- Career exploration and networking opportunities with professionals
- Become more marketable and sharpen employability skills
- Opportunity to transition into a job
- Gain confidence in a safe learning environment