If your goal is to earn a bachelor's degree, you will need to transfer to a four-year
university. We offer support services and information to students who are interested
in transferring to a four-year college or university.
At COD, you can complete both your lower-division general education courses and your
major preparation requirements, then transfer as a junior to your chosen UC or CSU
campus, independent or out-of-state colleges.
Meet with a Transfer Counselor at the beginning of each semester to go over your transfer
education plan. The Transfer Counselor will help your stay on track and complete your
Hours of operation:
- Monday - Thursday
- 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The Transfer Center is not taking appointments during the summer, but feel free to
check out our drop-in hours below!
Drop-in hours with our Transfer Counselor, Kylie Mulder:
- Mondays from 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM
- Tuesdays from 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM
- Scott Cooper will be out of the office for the month of July.
If you have any additional questions, please call the Transfer Center at (760) 862-1351.
Cravens Student Service Center,
College of the Desert
43-500 Monterey Ave.
Palm Desert, CA 92260
The Transfer Center is on Instagram! Follow us at:
Looking for the most up-to-date information on transfer events, college tours, application
workshops, or visiting colleges and universities? Then this is your one stop shop!
Follow us on Instagram today for all of your Transfer Center news.
Services Offered at the Transfer Center
- College Catalog Selection
- The college catalog selection helps students research prospective campuses and programs
- Reference Library
- Students can use the reference library to explore majors, careers, financial aid,
scholarships and tips for college success
- We offer many workshops to help students understand the transfer process, complete
admission applications, and successfully complete their transfer program of study
- Outreach Visits
- We host many university representatives to discuss their admission requirements and
procedures, program planning, housing, financial aid and other university support
services with transfer students
- The Center's Calendar of Events
- Check out newsletters, informational fliers and view sheets to keep you informed of
current university expectations, transfer admission procedures and selection practices
- University Transfer Fair
- Our University Transfer Fair has over 40 colleges and universities that meet with
- Articulation Agreements
- College of the Desert has articulation agreements with California State University
and the University of California, as well as selected private institutions, that list
the C.O.D. courses that are transferable for (1) Admission, (2) General Education
and (3) Major Preparation requirements.
- Student can use our computers with internet capability to help research schools, careers,
majors and financial aid.
- Counseling Appointments
- We offer counseling appointments for transfer advisement and assistance with the transfer
process from College of the Desert.
- The Transfer Recognition Ceremony
- Our Transfer Recognition Ceremony takes place in May every year to recognize our transferring
students. They will be given a Certificate of Achievement and a Medallion to wear
over their robes at graduation. Also, representatives from Pathways to Success are
on-hand to award their scholarships to COD recipients. Family and friends may also
attend and refreshments are served.