Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply?

The first step to enrolling in the Evening College program is to complete the COD online application by visiting the COD homepage, and clicking on the green and white "Apply Now" icon. If you are having difficulty with the online application, support is available. You may email the EDGE team at, or the Evening College team at and support will be ready to assist you.

Next, sign up for the plEDGE program by clicking on the plEDGE icon on the COD homepage and then complete the Evening College program application.

Representatives from the Evening College and plEDGE team will contact you with more information on the next steps. CV Adult School students who continuously stay in the Evening College Program will automatically be registered for their college courses throughout the two years!

How do I get more information?

Please contact the Evening College Team at, or call 760-766-7200 Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.

I graduated from the Coachella Valley Adult School (CVAS), are there additional benefits for me?

All CVAS students receive preferred enrollment for Evening College courses. All CVAS students who express interest and participate in EDGE will be automatically enrolled all Evening College courses. Dedicated staff will assist students throughout the two years.

Where is the Coachella Library located?

The library is located at 1500 6th Street in Coachella.

Is there a fee?

Eligible students may attend tuition-free by participating in plEDGE. Non plEDGE participants pay standard tuition and fees.

What is COD's plEDGE program?

The plEDGE program provides high school graduates (or equivalent) from the Coachella Valley with two years of free tuition and fees.

How do I qualify for the Evening College plEDGE?

To qualify for the tuition-free plEDGE, students must participate in the Summer 2021 EDGE session. To see all EDGE dates, visit the COD homepage and select the plEDGE icon, or visit the plEDGE site.

Is the certificate transferable to CSU's and UC's?

Students earning a General Education (GE) Certificate of Achievement meets the GE requirements needed to transfer to UCs, CSUs, and many other four-year institutions.