Initial Application (First time applying for MGIBill® Chapter 30, 33, 1606, 1607 or Dependents Education Assistance Chapter 35)
Choose "Apply Online" or to go directly there at :VONAPP
NOTE: Your signature page and a copy of your DD-214 if applying for Chapter 30 or 1607, or if Chapter 1606, your signature page and a copy of your NOBE DD-2384, must be submitted to the VA to complete the application process. We can assist you with this if you like. If applying for Chapter 35 as a child, it is recommended that a birth certificate be submitted along with your signature page.
For paper applications and other forms
(click on the form number for the link to the VA):
- 22-1990 (initial application for MGI Bill® Chapter 30, 33, 1606, or 1607)
- 22-1995 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training for Chapter 30, 33, 1606, 1607)
- 22-5490 (initial application for Dependents Education Assistance Chapter 35)
- 22-5495 (Request for Change of Program or Place of Training for Chapter 35)
- 21-4138 (Statement in Support of Claim)
- 20-572 (Address and/or Direct Deposit Change)
COD Veterans Office Forms
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.