Cal-Vet Fee Waiver
California Department of Veterans Affairs
College Fee Waiver Program for Veterans Dependents
The dependent child, spouse, or unmarried surviving spouse of a service-connected disabled or deceased veteran may be entitled to tuition and fee waiver benefits (enrollment and health fees at College of the Desert) at any campus of the California State University system, University of California , or a California Community College.
To be eligible, students must:
- Have a parent who is a disabled veteran (0% or more disabled); or
- Have a spouse who is service-connected (S/C) deceased or rated 100% S/C disabled.
- Be a child earning less than $10,787 per year (student’s income, not parents’).
Note: there is no income limit for a spouse or children of S/C deceased or 100% S/C veterans.
- Attend a California Community College, California State University, or a University of California school.
- Provide proof of the student's relationship to the veteran such as a copy of a birth or marriage certificate.
To obtain eligibility requirement information and assistance in applying for this benefit, please contact:
Please note: the form must be submitted to the County Veterans Services Office.
Once you're approved and receive the letter from the County Veterans Services, submit that letter to the COD Veterans Services Office.