I received an email that an instructor referred me for services, why?
Early Advantage is designed to assist identified students who are having difficulty at any point during a semester. Once identified, the referral is initiated by the instructor and you are sent an email inviting you to make an appointment to meet with an Early Advantage Coach or COD Special Program staff (EOPS, DSPS, TRiO ACES, TRiO DSPS).
While strong efforts are made to provide intervention within the first six to eight weeks of the semester, a student may be referred at any time.
Areas of concern include (but not limited to):
- Lack of participation in classroom
- Decline in homework/assignment quality
- Wanting to withdraw from a course or courses
- Not completing or incomplete homework/assignments
- Poor test scores
- Need of tutorial services
- Personal or family problems
- Financial hardships
- No textbooks
- Excessive absences
- Low test or quiz scores
- Poor attendance
- Possible learning disability
- Need of psychological services
- Lack of motivation
- Lack of child care