We offer support services and information to students who are interested in transferring to a four-year college or university.
Contact Phone: 760.862.1351
Location: Cravens Student Services Center, 2nd floor
Hours: Monday - Thursday 9:00 am - 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Do you have 30 units or more? Make an appointment to see a transfer counselor today! Receive assistance with transferring to a four-year college or university.
Like us on Facebook and stay updated with the Transfer CenterLike us!
Attention Students! Here is a scholarship opportunity!!!
California State Universities
University of California Schools
Services Offered at the Transfer Center
- COLLEGE CATALOG COLLECTION so you may research prospective campuses and programs of study.
- REFERENCE LIBRARY to help you explore majors, careers, financial aid, scholarships and tips for college success.
- WORKSHOPS to help you understand the transfer process, complete admission applications, and successfully complete your transfer program of study.
- OUTREACH VISITS from university representatives to discuss with you their admission requirements and procedures, program planning, housing, financial aid and other university support services.
- The Center's CALENDAR OF EVENTS, newsletters, informational fliers and view sheets to keep you informed of current university expectations, transfer admission procedures and selection practices.
- UNIVERSITY TRANSFER FAIR over 40 colleges and universities will be meeting with students!
- ARTICULATION AGREEMENTS with California State University and the University of California, as well as selected private institutions, that list the C.O.D. courses that are transferable for (1) Admission, (2) General Education and (3) Major Preparation requirements.
- COMPUTERS with internet capability to help you research schools, careers, majors and financial aid.
- COUNSELING APPOINTMENTS for transfer advisement and assistance with the transfer process from College of the Desert.
- The TRANSFER RECOGNITION CELEBRATION takes place in May every year to recognize our transferring students. They will be given a Certificate of Achievement and a Medallion to wear over their robes at graduation. Also, representatives from Pathways to Success are on-hand to award their scholarships to COD recipients. Family and friends may also attend and refreshments are served.