Student Psychological Services
Location: Cravens Student Services Center, Student Health Services (1st Floor)
Hours: Monday - Thursday 10:00 am- 2:00 pm, (out for lunch 12-1 pm)
Why would I need Psychological Services?
Life for college students can be stressful at times.
Many people experience times in their lives when some type of of outside assistance would be helpful in order to look at a situation more objectively, explore options, and identify new strategies or solutions. This help can come from various sources. As a student at College of the Desert, you are eligible to receive psychological counseling from a trained professional.
Is there a fee?
Student Psychological Services is a free service for students. These services and a variety of other student health services are funded by your student health fees paid at the beginning of each semester.
What services are provided?
- Confidential Psychological Counseling (for personal problems or questions)
- Brief Preventive Intervention (prompt assistance for urgent matters, such as a significant personal or mental health emergency)
- Evaluation/Screening (short tests to screen for depression, anxiety, or other psychological symptoms or disorders)
- Referrals (to on-campus departments or to off-campus resources for more specialized services
- Information (print information and educational presentations related to mental health and wellness)
How do I schedule an appointment ?
- Call (760-776-7211) or come in to Student Health Services, located in the Cravens Student Services Center on the First Floor.
- Call Psychologist, Dr. Cheryl Imes, directly (760-862-1304). Note: She may be with another student, so please leave a confidential message, along with your name and contact number. If you wish to bypass the greeting, you may press #.