The College of the Desert Advantage
- Pursue your educational goals in one of the most popular resort areas in the United States!
- Our Southern California location is ideal for students who want a comfortable environment and LOW COST with easy access to the major cities and attractions.
A Great Value & Strong University Transfer Rates:
- The tuition at College of the Desert is almost half that of the tuition at a four year university. For 2016-2017 the total cost of enrollment for international students is less than $19,000! College of the Desert 2016 2017 IEP and IEA Cost Estimates.pdf
- COD has a proven record of successful university transfer! Our international students have transferred to universities throughout California including UCLA, UC Berkeley, UC Irvine, UC Riverside, San Diego State University, CSU Fullerton, CSU Long Beach, CSU Northridge and CSU San Bernardino.
- Our International Student Counselor will help you transfer to the UC and CSU systems as well as private and out of-state universities.
International Student Support Services:
- The International Student Office offers a variety of services designed to assist you throughout your studies with us. Services include: housing assistance, university transfer assistance, academic advising, immigration advising, activities, and more!
- COD offers scholarships for international students. Students can apply to the scholarships which are awarded based on academic achievement. Award amounts vary by semester.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
- The Intensive English Academy (IEA) is an English language school located on the COD campus. Learn English and reach your academic goals in one location!
- We also offer ESL classes at the college level to assist those students with lower TOEFL scores.
- The average class size for COD college courses is 32 students.
- The average class size for the Intensive English Academy is 15 students.