Google Pixel for Analytics
Sign In
Skip to Content
Eastern view from the center of campus looking at the Fountain of Knowledge

Mental Health Services

Consider the following resources:

Riverside County Mental Health Urgent Care Facilities:

For more information go to 24/7 Mental Health Urgent Care

Riverside: (951) 509-2499

Palm Springs: (442) 268-7000

Perris: (951) 349-4195

National Crisis Text Line:

Crisis Text Line is free, 24/7 support for those in crisis. Text 741741 from anywhere in the US to text with a trained Crisis Counselor. Crisis Text Line trains volunteers to support people in crisis. With over 42 million messages processed to date, we’re growing quickly, but so is the need.
Read our frequently asked questions​

Crisis & Suicide Intervention HELPLine


This is Riverside County’s Crisis hotline that is staffed with experience counselors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline

No matter what problems you are dealing with, they want to help you find a reason to keep living.
If you would prefer to chat online check out their website and click on the link “Click to Chat” on the right hand side. The link for their website is below:

If you are feeling anxious about recent events of mass violence call the:

Disaster Distress Hotline


Substance abuse detox and referral information line:

1-800-SU-CARES (1-800-499-3008)​

Why would I need Mental Health Services?

Life for college students can be stressful.

Many people experience times in their lives when some type of outside assistance would be helpful in order to look at a situation more objectively, explore options, and identify new strategies or solutions. This help can come from various sources. As a student at College of the Desert, you are eligible to receive psychological counseling from a trained professional.

Is there a fee?

Mental Health Services is a free service for enrolled students. These services and a variety of other student health services are funded by your student health fees paid at the beginning of each semester.

What services are provided?

  • Confidential Mental Health Counseling (for personal problems, including issues with alcohol and substance abuse, or questions)
  • Brief Preventive Intervention (prompt assistance for urgent matters, such as a significant personal or mental health emergency)
  • Evaluation/Screening (short tests to screen for depression, anxiety, or other psychological symptoms or disorders)
  • Referrals (to on-campus departments or to off-campus resources for more specialized services including resources for alcohol and substance abuse issues)
  • Information (printed information and educational presentations related to mental health and wellness)

How do I schedule an appointment ?

Call (760-776-7211), make an online appointment, or come in to Student Health Services, located in the Cravens Student Services Center on the First Floor.