Google Pixel for Analytics
Sign In
Skip to Content

​A Simple 3-Part Process


  • Complete the Foster Youth  Application.pdfFoster Youth Application.pdf 
  • Obtain your Dependency Verification or Ward of the Court Letter. 
  • Former Foster Youth students, you can obtain these documents by going on-line, to the California State Foster Care Ombudsman Website                                                   or by calling 1-877-846-1602. 
  • Current Foster Youth students, you can obtain these documents by contacting your Social Worker.
  • For support in obtaining verification documents, contact the FYS Outreach Specialist.
​Submit Foster Youth application and verification documents to the FYS office or email them to


Schedule an appointment to meet with one of our Foster Youth Service Program Counselors to begin developing a Comprehensive Student Educational Plan (SEP). 


Discuss with our FYS staff to see if you qualify to enroll into other special programs​ at College of the Desert. 

​ ​​​​​​​​