College of the Desert Financial Aid office offers both Federal Work Study (FWS) and Alumni Work Study (AWS) programs. These programs provides part-time employment in order to earn money to help pay for educational costs for those students with or without financial need. The amount of a Work-Study award depends on the student's financial need and the availability of funds at College of the Desert. Pay rates may vary, but will not be less than the current minimum wage and students generally work up to 20 hours per week.
Applying for Work Study Jobs
When applying for a Work-Study job at College of the Desert, be sure to follow these steps:
1) Complete the FAFSA application and any supporting documentation to determine your eligibility for Work-Study.
2) View open Work-Study positions by clicking on the COD Job Hub below. Be sure to select Federal/Alumni Work Study. New to COD Job Hub? See directions below in red.
3) After you have identified a position for which you wish to apply, please follow the instructions in the notes section. Hiring occurs year round and is based on funding availability.
For additional information please call the Financial Aid Office at (760) 773-2532.
New to COD Job Hub? Simply Follow these steps:
• Click on Job Hub
• Click on New Student (1st time only)
• Select College of the Desert from the pull down list and enter your name/email
• Click Find Me (you need to use your mycod.us email as that is what we loaded your info with) *If your account was already loaded from our existing system, your account profile information will display and you can create a password. If the system does not find you, you can still enter your information and create an account and password.
• Once you have set up your account be sure to select Federal/Alumni Work Study.