Each year changes are made to federal, state and institutional financial aid programs and services. These changes impact both students and institutions. In order to help you prepare for these coming changes, the Financial Aid Office is sending out this email notification. The information will also be posted on the Financial Aid Office website.
Introducing Financial Aid- Student Self Service
In an effort to streamline processing, you can now view and complete Financial Aid information online.
- First, login to the Portal and view any missing information in the Student Self Service Portal under Financial Aid in WebAdvisor. See example below
- Click the Financial Aid tab and then click on Required documents. See Example Below
- Any forms that you are required to scan and submit to the Financial Aid Office you can do so under "Resources" by clicking on "Upload Requested Documents."
- Upon completing and submitting the form(s) it will be forwarded to the Financial Aid Office.
Tax Return Transcripts
There are three options available for students to obtain a tax return transcript:
- Under Tools, select: “Get a Tax Transcript by Mail”
- Select “Get Transcript by Mail”
- Follow instructions on page
- Under “Type of Transcript”, be sure to order a “Return Transcript” for the required Tax Year
2. By phone: Call 1-800-908-9946
BOG Fee Waivers
Beginning Fall 2016, the BOG Fee Waiver eligibility will be tied to student academic progress. Students on academic probation for Fall 2015 and Spring 2016 will lose BOTH their priority registration AND BOG Fee Waiver eligibility. More information will be provided in the coming semesters on this subject.
Books and Supplies Preauthorization
A credit will be pre-authorized for CA resident students awarded a Pell Grant AND enrolled at least half-time (6 units) to purchase books and supplies thru the COD Bookstore. For students whose files have been completed, the following information can be used to determine how much bookstore credit will be received:
FAFSA EFC Range Bookstore Pre-Authorization Amount
0 to 3,700 $500.00
3,701 to 4,600 $250.00
Qualifying students may request an increase to their authorization to purchase books above their initial authorization.
The credit authorizations will be available until September 11th, 2015 for the Fall term. Bookstore charges will be posted to your student account which will be paid by the first disbursement of your Pell Grant. Students not wishing to use the bookstore authorization will receive the first disbursement of their Pell Grant funds on the first disbursement date of the term. For more information please contact the Financial Aid Office.
NEW! Financial Aid Student Services in the Eastern Valley Centers(Indio & Mecca) are now available! Hours of operation are as follows:
Monday: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Indio)
Tuesday: Services are available at the Mecca/Thermal Campus.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Indio)
Thursday: 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Indio)