Facebook Pixel for Tracking
Navigate Up
Sign In

Higher One

College of the Desert has partnered with Higher One, to bring students a new method for receiving their financial aid disbursements.

What does this mean for students?

A Higher One Debit MasterCard will be sent to all enrolled students that will serve as the new student ID from the College.  Students eligible to receive financial aid will need to select a 'refund option' in order to process their Fall (and Summer) disbursements.  Detailed instructions on how to choose one of the (3) disbursement methods will be provided.   

You can choose to activate the Higher One account (the debit card sent to you) and have your financial aid funds deposited there, OR you can choose to have your funds deposited into an existing checking/savings account, OR you can choose to have a paper check sent to you.

Why are we making this change?

We’ve made the switch to Higher One services to offer our students choices on how they prefer to receive their financial aid funds and for faster, more convenient service.

What do students need to do?

Make sure we have your current mailing address! Here’s how:

• Log in to WebAdvisor with your username and password.

• Under the User Account section, click "Address, Phone, Cell and Email Change"

Then, look for the BRIGHT GREEN ENVELOPE from Higher One!  Once it arrives, you will simply use the card inside to let us know how you would like to receive your money.

Please note: Changing your address in WebAdvisor will not automatically generate a new card after the first card has been sent. Please see the Bursar's office if you have not received your card.

Already received your My COD card?

Just choose the option that best fits you by: 

• Logging in to www.mycodcard.com

• Click on “Get Started”

Remember even if you are ineligible for financial aid at College of the Desert do not throw the card away.  You will need this card to receive your financial aid disbursements if your eligibility changes in future semesters, so don’t wait!

Taking your ID picture

Visit the Office of Student Life to take your picture for your MyCOD card. The Student Life Office is located on the east end of the Dining Hall building.

Have additional questions?

HigherOne COD card.jpg 

Visit www.mycodcard.com or call the Bursar’s office at (760) 568-7510

Helpful Tips

  • For a full list of fees associated with your Higher One checking account and ways to avoid fees, please click here
  • Wire Transfers - Students requesting a wire transfer from their Higher One account to another checking or savings account will be charged a fee. You can avoid this wire transfer charge by setting up your account to deposit your financial aid into your non-Higher One account. For more information contact Higher One.

  • ATM - You may withdraw cash with no fees at any Higher One ATM. ATM's are located at the Palm Desert Campus in the Cravens Student Services Building on the 1st floor and in the Beeps Cafe in the Dining Hall building.


Higher One Resources and Contact Information

Customer Care Phone Numbers:




Hours of Operation Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. (Eastern Time)

Automated Services Line available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Higher One by mail:

115 Munson Street

New Haven, CT 06511