College of the Desert - Indio
45524 Oasis St., Indio, CA 92201
Phone: (760) 776-7200
FAX: (760) 342-8659
Spring 2017 Administration Office Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday the Administration Office is closed.
Be advised, the week of April 10th the Administration Office will close at 5 p.m.
Spring 2017 Campus Closure Updates:
The college will be closed the following dates:
- Friday, February 17, 2017
- Saturday, February 18, 2017
- Monday, February 20, 2017
- Friday, April 14, 2017
- Saturday, April 15, 2017
- Monday, May 29, 2017
Please note Spring Break is the week of April 10th, limited services and hours may be
provided during this time.
At College of the Desert our mission is to provide excellent educational programs in basic skills, career and technical education, certificate, transfer preparation, associate degrees, noncredit and distance education, which are continuously evaluated and improved. Our programs and services contribute to the success, learning and achievement of our diverse students and the vitality of the Desert Community College District, surrounding areas and beyond.
Please help us evaluate our programs and services by taking a few moments to complete this brief survey. Click here
, or copy and paste the URL https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VKZ838S.
For more information, please contact our office at 760-776-7200.
Student Support Services
On occasion, hours or services can vary. Please confirm all hours with the Administration Office by calling 760-776-7200.
NEW: Indio Campus Library
Hours of Operation:
- Monday through Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Indio Campus Bookstore:
Standard Hours of Operation resume the week of February 13th-Schedules are subject to change.
- Monday through Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The Indio Campus Bookstore provides the same services as the Palm Desert Campus Bookstore:
- Textbook Rental Program
- Price Match (see Bookstore staff for details)
- Financial Aid Vouchers
The bookstore also sells a variety of COD apparel items, Scantrons, snacks and supplies. The bookstore is located on the Northeast side of the Indio Campus. For more information, please call 442-400-5319.
NOTE for East Valley (Mecca/Thermal) Campus Students:
Textbooks for courses taught at the East Valley Campus are available at the Indio Campus Bookstore as well as the Palm Desert Bookstore. Students taking classes at the East Valley Campus also have the option of free shipping. Please contact the Bookstore directly for more information. Call 760-773-2564 or visit their website at http://www.bkstr.com/collofthedesertstore/home
- Passes are distributed during the fall and spring semesters on the first Monday of each month at the Indio Campus Administration Office. There is a limited quantity and passes are issued on a first come first serve basis for those meeting the requirements. View requirements bus pass.
- Limited services are provided at the Indio Campus . For a full listing of services, including exams, please visit the clinic located on the Palm Desert Campus.
Academic, Career and Personal Counseling Services
- Counselors are available to see students in person at the Indio Campus. To schedule an appointment, sign up for workshops, or to confirm drop-in hours, please call 760-776-7200. View more information about Counseling services.
- Stem counseling is also available on Friday by appointment from 8:30 a.m. to Noon.
Get the EDGE at COD
- Staff is available by appointment most Tuesdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Please call ahead for hours and availability. 760-776-7200.
- View more information about our EDGE Program.
- The EOPS/CARE Counselor is available for appointments at the Indio Campus.
- Visit the Administration Office on the 2nd floor for details and to confirm drop-in hours.
- View more information about services and programs.
Financial Aid Assistance
Hours can vary, please call the Indio Campus Administration Office at 760-776-7200 for more information.
- Monday- 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday- Services available at the East Valley Campus (Mecca/Thermal)
- Wednesday- 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday- 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Friday- services are available at the Palm Desert Campus until noon.
- Visit the financial aid website for full details, applications deadlines and more.
- A representative from the Veterans Services Office is available at Indio on the Fourth Wednesday of every month from 8:00 a.m. to Noon.
- View more information about our Veterans Resource Center.
Tutoring and Academic Skills Center (TASC)
- Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Visit the lab for tutoring hours. Schedules can vary.
See the Administration Office for Details
When scheduling your assessment test please have your student ID number ready. All new students are expected to take the assessment test, except those who have completed English Composition and Intermediate Algebra with grades of C or better at another accredited institution.
ESLN registration and testing are available.
Please contact the ESLN office for more information at (760)776-7348.
Inscripciones y examen para clases de ingles como segundo idioma (ESLN) disponible.
Para mas información favor de comunicarse a la oficina al (760) 776-7348.