College of the Desert - Mecca/Thermal
Address: 61-120 Buchanan St., Thermal, CA 92274
Phone: (760) 396-2010
Administration Hours of Operation
- Monday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The Campus is closed on Friday.
- Please note the office closes daily from 12:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Spring 2017 Campus Closure Updates:
The college will be closed the following dates:
- Friday, February 17, 2017
- Saturday, February 18, 2017
- Monday, February 20, 2017
- Monday, April 10 through Saturday, April 15, 2017 (The Indio and Palm Desert Campuses will be open during this time, services may be limited.)
- Monday, May 29, 2017
At College of the Desert our mission is to provide excellent educational programs in basic skills, career and technical education, certificate, transfer preparation, associate degrees, noncredit and distance education, which are continuously evaluated and improved. Our programs and services contribute to the success, learning and achievement of our diverse students and the vitality of the Desert Community College District, surrounding areas and beyond.
Please help us evaluate our programs and services by taking a few moments to complete this brief survey. Click here
, or copy and paste the URL https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VCVGLJQ.
For more information, please contact our office at 760-776-7200.
Need a place to relax, study, or eat? The Student Commons is open from 7:30 a.m. until 9:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
Student and Academic Support Services
View the complete listing of Student and Academic Support Services on all campuses.
Textbooks for courses taught at the East Valley Campus are available at the Indio Campus Bookstore as well as the Palm Desert Bookstore. Students taking classes at the East Valley Campus also have the option of free shipping. Please contact the Bookstore directly for more information. Call 760-773-2564 or visit their website at http://www.bkstr.com/collofthedesertstore/home
Passes are distributed on the first Monday of each of month at the East Valley Campus Administration Office. There is a limited quantity and passes are issued on a first come first serve basis for those meeting the requirements. View the requirements to obtain a pass.
Academic, Career and Personal Services
A counselor is available every Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to Noon and from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., students are encouraged to call prior to visiting the campus to confirm the counselor is on site.
For counseling appointments, please call 760-396-2010. View more information about Counseling services.
Financial Aid Assistance
Services are available during the Fall and Spring Terms every Tuesday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please call the Financial Aid Office at 760-773-2532, or view the Financial Aid site for more assistance.
Academic Support Services
The Tutoring and Academic Skills Center (TASC) is normally open during the Fall and Spring terms Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Please contact the lab directly for tutoring hours as well as other helpful tools such as our online tutoring opportunities.
Please call the Administration Office at 760-396-2010 for more information about the following services:
- Admissions & Records Assistance
- Online Application Assistance
- Assessment Testing
- ESLN Program Registration
- Workshops Provided by Student Services
- East Valley Campus Academic Skills Center (MTC/ASC)
- Computer Lab, Tutors (Math & English), Learning Software (ReadOn, Skills Tutor)
Address: 61120 Buchanan St Thermal Ca 92274
- From COD Palm Desert Campus:
- Drive north on Monterey Avenue to Interstate 10
- Take I-10 east
- Take 86 Expressway South
- Turn left on Avenue 62
- Turn Left on Buchanan Street
- Turn right at the first stop sign
- Arrive at Mecca/Thermal Campus at 61-120 Buchanan St. on the right