"Career Development is the lifelong process of managing your
living, learning and earning..." - CCDF
Between 0-15 units: Why am I at COD?
- Have I met with a Career Counselor to discuss my major and career plans?
- Have I declared a major with Admissions and Records? (Be sure to see a counselor if you aren't
sure which major to choose or need to fill out the major paperwork.)
- Have I attended Career Center workshops to explore my different values and interests?
- Have I joined a club relating to my major? (If possible.)
- Have I created a resume for part-time jobs and/or internships?
- Am I sure I am taking the right classes? (Check with a Counselor to get a Student Education Plan.)
Between 15-30 units: Am I on track?
- Do I know what is required of my major?
- Did I get a Student Education Plan?
- Have I attended the Career Fair for career info, internships and/or job opportunities?
- Have I decided if I'm transferring to a university or working after I graduate from COD?
- Are you sure your major is suited for your career? (If not, we offer several career assessments.
Please come to the Career/Transfer Center for more information and meet with a Career Counselor.)
Between 30-45 units: Getting ready to graduate, transfer/work
- Have I applied for graduation? (Graduation Applications are available online on the Admissions and
Records Web site under “Forms”. See a Counselor for specific information.)
- Have I explored the different areas of my chosen career field?
- (Transferring after graduation) Have I applied to the transfer university(ies) I’m interested in?
(See a Transfer Counselor for details.)
- (Working after graduation) Am I prepared for a job interview?
- Have I met with my counselor to confirm I'm ready for graduation?
Between 45-60 units: Am I ready for the next steps of my career?
- (Working after graduation) Have I updated my resume?
- (Working after graduation) Am I planning to attend the Career Fair for job opportunities?
- (Transferring after graduation) Have I received acceptance letters from universities I’ve applied?
- Have I met with my counselor to update any requirements needed for graduation?
Beyond 60 units: What's next?
- Am I aware my career development is a life-long process?
- Will I keep my skills up to date?
- Will I continue to network with people in my career?
- Will I stay in contact with COD to let them know I am a success story?
Please make an appointment to speak with a Career Counselor if you have any questions on your career development milestones. 760-862-1351.