Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE)
The Fall 2016 CARE Online Application will be closing on Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 3:00pm. Paper applications will be available at the EOPS/CARE Office after August 11, 2016.
EOPS/CARE Summer Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:00am - 5:30pm (We are closed on Friday.)
To reach EOPS/CARE at College of the Desert, or for more information about the program, please call 760-773-2539.
CARE is a program for EOPS qualified students that provides additional support to single parents receiving TANF/CalWORKs (cash aid) to help them overcome obstacles and expand their educational opportunities.
CARE began as a special project in 1980 within the EOPS Program. The objective is to assist single parents receiving TANF/CalWORKs (cash aid) to go to college and obtain the skills necessary to gain meaningful employment.
To be eligible, participants must be EOPS qualified single parent students who are receiving TANF/CalWORKS benefits (cash aid) for themselves and/or their children (with a least one child under the age of 14).
Note: Not all services are available every semester as they are contingent upon state funding and subject to change with or without notice.
ACADEMIC SERVICES PROVIDED
- Academic, Career, Personal, and Transfer Counseling
- Cal State and UC Application Fee Waivers
- CARE Workshops (Mandatory)
- Student Educational Planning (SEP)
- Long term educational planning
- Priority 1 Registration
- Book Service Each Semester (unless receiving books through the GAIN program)
- School Supplies
- Child Care Grants to cover out of pocket child care costs
- Gas Cards