Your path to success as a Roadrunner!
Why do I need to see a counselor for student athletes?
So, where do I begin?
- To assist student-athletes in the identification of educational, career and personal goals
- To empower student-athletes to reach academic, career and personal success
- To increase retention, graduation and transfer rate of student athletes
- To encourage each student-athlete to develop independence, self-advocacy and to mature mentally emothionally, physically and athletically.
- To provide CCCAA, NCAA & NAIA Resources
- To create an environment within the intercollegiate athletic program that promotes academic achievement.
- To maximize the academic potential of student-athletes by providing an atmosphere that enhances learning skills, career development, and personal development.
- Apply to College of the Desert and take the Assessment test
- Review & download a copy of the "Academic Handbook for Student-Athletes"
- Attend a New Student Orientation
- Develop a "Student Educational Plan" with a Counselor
- Make an appointment with the athletic counselor ASAP
- Use the resources on this page!