We strongly recommend that you review Reading, English and Math skills before you take the test. Assessment results will affect which level course you take, may affect prerequisites for various courses, and may affect some financial aid situations and graduation requirements.
When scheduling an appointment
- The next screen will require that you create (register) a “Login” and “Password” to access the appointment schedule.
- You MUST use your College of the Desert Student ID number to schedule your appointment.
- Only one appointment allowed. If you need to reschedule, cancel your original appointment and then select a new date and time.
- If you have previously taken the test, you do not need to test again. A counselor can access and review your previous test scores with you.
- Counselors determine eligibility for retesting or taking only a specific section. This is allowed only with a counselor’s approval. If eligible, the counselor will provide an “Assessment Test Approval” form that must be turned in to the Testing Center at the time of your appointment.
- Assessment testing is located in room 269 on the 2nd floor of CSSC (Cravens Student Services Center).
- You may park in Lot 14 near the Monterey Entrance and the CSSC building. Please refer to the Campus Map using the tab located at the top of this web page. DO NOT PARK IN VISITOR OR STAFF SPACES. We will provide you with a temporary parking pass to place in your vehicle when you check in.
- You are required to show a photo ID when you check in (i.e. driver’s license, school/employee id, passport). If you do not have a current photo ID, call the Testing Center for acceptable alternate forms of identification.
- The test does not have a time limit and we encourage you to take your time. The average testing time is approximately 2 hours.
- It is advisable to print the confirmation email you receive after you finalize your appointment.
TEST APPOINTMENT CHECK-IN:
- OPENS 20 minutes before your schedules test appointment time.
- CLOSES 5 minutes before your scheduled test appointment time.
(Example: check-in closes at 2:25pm for 2:30pm test appointment).
Any arrivals after check-in closes must reschedule.
Attention: A student who has neither a high school diploma nor its recognized equivalent (i.e. GED or certificate of completion) may become eligible to receive Financial Aid by achieving passing scores on the designated tests of the Assessment Test. Students attempting to qualify should notify the test administrator when they arrive for their appointment by stating the test is need for ATB purposes.
If you have any questions call 760-776-7413, otherwise click on the link below to continue.