The Information Technology (IT) department is responsible for a full range of academic and administrative services relating to District PC and Network Computing, Voice over IP, Media and Video Technology, Infrastructure, Technology Training, Web Development, Administrative Computing, and Management Information Systems.
The IT department consists of the following units with responsibility in major operational areas:
- PC, Helpdesk and Network support and operations
- Administrative Computing (Datatel, WebAdvisor, UI 4.0, MIS, DataMart)
- Telecommunications and Technology
- Academic Computing and Classroom Media Technology Support
As a team of information systems and educational technology professionals, we are dedicated to delivering both an efficient computing environment and quality customer service to support the mission and goals of the Desert Community College District.
We envision the Information Technology Department as a team of information technology experts working in partnership with the institution.
We are committed to:
- An effective technological environment that maximizes the flow of information throughout the district, its affiliates and the community at large.
- A proficient user community continuously increasing its own knowledge and productivity.
- Information technology as a strategic element in the ongoing success of the Desert Community College District.