BSI Objective #5.
By fall 2010, faculty, staff and administrators will share an understanding of COD’s basic skills students and develop Basic Skills Learning Standards (BSLS) appropriate to them.
- Using baseline data collected as a result of Objective #4, characteristics of COD basic skills students will be developed into a series of “portraits” describing a range student types.
Who: BSI Task Force on Assessment and Academic Improvement
When: Fall 2010
- These portraits of basic skills students and the associated data will be made available to the college through the BSI Web Page and other venues.
Who: BSI Chairs
When: Fall Flex 2010
- A series of presentations to faculty, staff, administrators, and the Board or Trustees will be made.
Who: Members of the BSI Committee
When: Throughout Fall 2010
- BSLS will be developed.
Who: Teaching faculty from across the disciplines, as coordinated by the BSI Committee
When: December 2010
- Evaluation: A combination of surveys and focus groups will be used to assess how broadly the “Portraits” and Basic Skills Learning Standards are know.
Who: The BSI Chairs
When: December 2010, with follow ups over the next two semesters.
- Evaluation: BSLS will be approved and broadly distributed.
Who: The Curriculum Committee (??) and the Academic Senate.
When: Spring 2011.